Ph.D. Dissertations Directed
- "Theory of Crack Initiation from Smooth Surfaces and its Application" by Anping Hong - defended November 21, 1994, co-advisor Prof. Z. Bazant, Civil Engineering Department, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208-3109. Committee members: R. Liang, A. Saleeb, D. Robinson and Y-J Lin.
- "The Analysis of Multiple Cracks in Non-homogeneous Material" by Ming Zhou – defended May 12, 1995. Committee members: Fertis, Robinson, Kankam, Saleeb, Hariharan
- "Numerical modeling of breast cancer by detection of the surface deformation perturbation" - by J. Q. Neifert - defended February 10, 1995 (together with biomedical and mechanical engineering departments).
- "Crack Growth in Functionally Graded Materials” by Nadim Shbeeb defended September 9, 1998. Committee members: Robinson, Menzemer, Zobel, Krieder.
- "Analytical Modeling of Imperfect Bond Between Coated Fiber and Matrix Material” by Latife Kuguoglu, June 22, 1999. Committee members: Robinson, Menzemer, Kreider, Hajjafar, Hoo Fatt.
- “Multiple kinked and branched cracks in anisotropic plate” by Khaled Hamad, September 2002. Committee members: HooFatt, Menzemer, Kreider.
- “Composite/concrete inter-phase performance” by Salim Baraka, May 2002. Committee members: P. Qiao, C. Menzemer and K. Kreider.
- “Material Modeling of Strain Rate Dependent Polymer and 2D tri-axially Braided Composite”, by Jingyun Cheng, April 15, 2006. P. Qiao, A. Saleeb, R. Goldberg, E. Pan, and K. Kreider.
- “Nonlinear Strain Rate Dependent Composite Model for Explicit Finite Element Analysis” by Xiahua Zheng, April 22, 2006. Committee members: P. Qiao, A. Saleeb, R. Goldberg, E. Pan, and K. Kreider.
- “Mechanics of Bi-Material beams and its application to mixed-mode fracture of wood-FRP” by Cole Hamey, July 7, 2007, Committee members: P. Qiao, C. Menzemer, D. Quinn, and K. Kreider.
- “Low Velocity Impact Analysis of Composite Laminate Plates and sandwich Panels”, by Daihua Zheng, Committee members:, A. Saleeb, E. Pan, C. Menzemer, X. Gao, and J. Young, December 2007.
- “The Experimental and Analytical Characterization of the Macromechanical Response for Triaxial Braided Composite Materials”, by Justin Littell, Committee members: E. Pan, C. Menzemer, K. Kreider, M. HooFatt, and R. Goldberg, September 2008.
- “Mesomechanical Model for Failure Study of Triaxial Braided Composite Materials”, by Xuetao Li, Committee members: : E. Pan, G. Yun, K. Kreider, X. Gao, and R. Goldberg, October 2010.
Masters Thesis Directed
- Crack Development in Cross-Ply Laminates under Uniaxial Tension - Andrew L. Gyekenesi, graduated with M.Sc. in CSU Civil Engineering Department, March 1993.
- Contact Problems for Multilayer Composite Half-plane with HoneyComb substrate - Wang Zhong, April, 1995.
- High Performance Filament Wound Composite Tubes Analysis - Yong Wang, May, 1996.
- Retrofitting of Concrete Beam using Graphite Epoxy Layers - Steven Tysl, May, 1999.
- Vibration Damping in a Composite Shaft using Piezoelectric Patches – Vikram Dhruva, December 2000.
- Creep-Rupture of Composite Materials - Yanx Cai, July 2002.
- The preliminary Research on the Composite Material use in Highway Guardrail System – Guozhong Chen, January 2004.
- Simplified Creep-Rupture material Model for Implicit FEA - Fengxia Ouyang, November 2005.
- Simulation of Ballistic Impact Behavior of Tri-Axially Braided Composite Half-Cylinders - Marcin Staniszewski, April 2007.
- Non-Destructive Investigation & FEA Correlation on an Aircraft Sandwich Composite Structure – Justin Bail, December 2007.
- High Strain Rate Data Acquisition of 2D Braided Composite Substructures – Chuck Ruggeri, September 2009.
Special Projects Directed
- Interaction of Two Annular Interfacial Cracks - Partial Bound of Fiber - Wanming Lao - Summer 1993.
- Smart Structures in Structural Engineering, M.Sc. Project by Joushua Raymond, Summer 1999.
- Efficiency Estimation for Multibolted GFRP Single Connected Angles, M.Sc. Project by Traian-Ovidiu Gheorghiu, Summer 2000.
- Singularity Index for a Kinked Crack in Anisotropic Material using Finite Element Analysis – M.Sc Project by Khaled A. Hamad, May 2001.
Past Students: Xuetao Li, Charles Ruggeri
Modified on: March 28, 2011 10 AM